Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MurryG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,643Gear list
Like?
SX50 not at the ready
5 months ago

Yesterday I decided to watch the mid-day TV news and as it does to me most times it put me to sleep.  I think I'm dreaming but realize my wife is saying "What are all those birds doing in the back yard?"  I look out the window and this flock of beautiful Cedar Waxwings are stripping the Nandia bushes of their bright red berries -- a perfect photo op.  I spring into action, go to the photo closet, grab the SX50 and run to the window.  The berries and birds are all gone.  So it would appear that not only do I need to carry the camera with me at all times including when I'm in the house.  Then I look up in the pear tree and one chubby bird is still there so I get a couple shots but not what I could have gotten if I would stay awake and have the camera at the ready   Here are the two shots I got.

Murry

Cedar Waxwing in pear tree--I had to lighten the eye some since the light was not the greatest

Better light but the angle was not as good--first time I've ever seen these birds in our yard

-- hide signature --
 MurryG's gear list:MurryG's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow