Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,675Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?
In reply to Eclectant, 7 months ago

Eclectant wrote:

I think the problem is that there seems to be still quite a few brand new XE1 kits at the dealers, they were $719 just a couple of weeks ago. When you figure the lens has to be worth $500 (although still listed at $699) that puts the price of a brand new XE1 with warranty at $200 and change.

It doesn't help with pricing for a used one.

I am curious if Fuji meant to keep the XE1 on the market this long, almost 6 months after the "replacement", like Sony did with the RX100 and RX100ii, but Sony announced their intentions at the launch that they would coexist.

If not, their production planning must have been way off or the sales have been well below their expectations.

No complaints from me though, it helped me to get into and test the Fuji X system with minimal risk and outlay, and now I have spent another $3,000 on lenses and a XE2.

XE1 for $300 is a lot of camera!

-- hide signature --

SG

And maybe your story explains why Fuji mass produced so many X-E1's in the first place.

Camera bodies have never generated huge profits in the retail marketplace. The lenses are what keeps manufacturers afloat. And with the sales/discounts, Fuji is moving a lot more product out the door into the real world, where it will be seen and discussed by those that encounter someone using them. Hopefully, the strategy will pay off with increased Customers for Fuji.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow