The most annoying new fad in photography

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Smith
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,713Gear list
Like?
Re: The most annoying new fad in photography
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, 7 months ago

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

People are fascinating, and I'll take that in two dimensional form over the one dimensional musings of people who have become so disconnected with reality they consider fellow humans to be 'sweaty meat'

I'm really sorry you're so upset by my accurate description of what is being done to this beautiful planet.

I'm not upset, just pointing out the simple logic to understand that all things are linked, you can love nature and people and that love comes from within you. to have a pathological hatred of people regardless of culture says more about you than you would probably like to show.

Oh, wait a minute, I'm not, not one iota. We're already past the tipping point, there's no going back, we've blown it completely.

Which is why you are so filled with hate? you're blind to the wonder of a child?

Which one of us is really disconnected from what is going on right under our noses?

You, you see what you want to see, I can see good and bad in all things nothing is set in stone everything has its time, to me photographs are a celebration of timeā€“even ones of 'sweaty meat'

The will to reverse course is not there, even if it were possible. Everyone who would ever be allowed to participate in any decision is making way too much money and living behind guard gates and will be dead in 40 years anyway, so who really cares what irreparable mess we leave for our children?

I think you've been reading a little too much, probably not been paying attention to the real world, the one that surrounds you.

I live in an unchanged rural setting, in fact I've been taking pictures of reed cutters rather like Emerson did in the same spot 120 years ago. Money to me is just enough to live the rest I give to charity, you won't find me using a D800E and 10K of lenses.

Any self-respecting alien flying over would unleash the phaser banks and cauterize this poor fracked and poisoned orb of say, *pick an urban area* and allow the newly cleansed Earth to regenerate. It's the only thing that would ever stop the desecration.

Aliens? Just re-read what you write, the world isn't what you think it is humanity isn't what you feel inside you.

Some people are fascinating and worth the effort to know, true enough, but most are not, as we see over and over again on these blogs in both words and pictures.

Exactly my point. The world is a wonderful place full of diverse eco systems and really interesting people, like anyone who has worked out the basics will tell you you need to apply a filter to allow you to see that people aren't just meat.

Everyone has a story, you'll need to be receptive inside to see that.

The issues you mention are important, but cannot be considered in isolation to the fact that diversity both cultural and ecosystems are important.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow