Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
osv
osv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,698
Like?
Re: Developing α7 RAW images
In reply to Dandrewk, 7 months ago

Dandrewk wrote:

Yes, thanks, I did realize that afterwards. I had known about the Prime NR being processor intensive, but thought that the processing occurred while generating the preview, not the actual writing to disk.

the delay is not due to writing the file to disk, what you are waiting for with prime nr is cpu processing... if you look at the running processes on your windows computer, you'll see how hammered the cpu cycles are.

some of the interface issues that i find annoying: when you open a raw file, the program stalls out while it automatically opens up a preview window of every single photo in the same directory... i looked for a setting to change that behavior in the preferences window, but never found it.

the program also defaults to automatically looking online for a lens profile every time that you open an image, but that can be disabled.

i attempted to use dxo's basic functionality as a simple and quick photoshop replacement, but right off the bat i was thrown for a loop with the cropping interface... it's incredibly stupid and non-intuitive, the emphasis appears to be on a few very limited aspect ratio choices... it's easier to crop an image in microsoft paint than it is in dxo.

i think that you can download 30 day demo of dxo? i paid $180 for the elite version for the a7r, on sale, not sure what it is now, but i wouldn't pay more than that... i currently use it only for serious iso processing, but it's worth it for that alone.

-- hide signature --

dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow