Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Digital Shutterbug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,685Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?
In reply to Al Valentino, 6 months ago

Al Valentino wrote:

rom Digital Shutterbug wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

Ebay fees are awfully high. But, they are now charging a flat $1.00 fee on the shipping charge, instead of 10%. Paypal of course, still get their 2.9% on the shipping amount.

Steve

Good to know they modified their fees. I assume that $1 is the highest, not fixed, as that could prohibit small value sales, like purchase of a soft shutter button for $5 shipped. Anyway, i will check that out. I sold a few thousand dollars worth of gear last year on ebay so lower fees helps. I have a perfect raring over the last nine years on ebay but always feared Craiglists - meeting in a parking lot where one guy has the cash and the other has the goods, can make for a bad situation. I did meet a buyer once at a Dunkin Donuts for an ebay sale of a iMac where the buyer asked to save the shipping fees and drive to meet me. I got there early and while i waited i noticed two other deals going down which i assumed where craiglist transactions.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

I'm not sure when they changed the rate. I just noticed it today. I've sold a ton of gear in the past three weeks or so, making the switch to Fuji. I just happened to look at an itemized Ebay statement this morning and saw all the $1 charges. My bigger shipping charge items were not showing on this statement, so I can't say if there might be a graduated fee at some point. It looks like $20 shipping charges are $1 fee. I had some $5 shipping fee items. I don't know if they still charged $1 on those. I need to see if can go back a ways in history and determine that. Or, just dig thru Ebay's policies.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Are you sure they changed there fee schedule. I just check and it seems nothing has changed. here is the link

From the link above

Also, here is a link to the shipping calculator. I tested with a sale in the camera category selling for $400 and free shipping, the fee was $40. Then I tested with the same selling price, $400 plus $20 shipping and it came out to $42 or the same 10%. This does not include 3% pay pal fees. So it seems that the ebay/pal gets a 13% of the sale (plus any special listing fees for their listing options)

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator

So if you can actually see a XE1 for $400 (lets say including shipping with no extra listing fees, and it costs $15 to ship, then the seller nets $333($15 to ship plus $52 for ebay and paypal fees)

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

I just came back to correct what I had said, but you've already found the right information. It turns out the items I was looking at all had a shipping price of $10, thus the $1 fee. When I realized this, and went back into my earlier sales, I found that they were in fact still charging 10% on the shipping fees. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't dig deep enough before spouting off.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow