Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drpoop
Regular MemberPosts: 447Gear list
Like?
An obituary for my 12-50mm
7 months ago

So I did it. I sold my 12-50mm kit lens for $250 and its now aiding in the purchase of a shinny new 12-40mm!

I enjoyed the 12-50mm very much, I always felt I had a friend in that lens. It didn't need me to baby it and I never expected much from it, but was always surprised at the results I did get with it. I ended up printing out quite a few captures from that lens, with many positive comments from friends and family. That says a lot, considering I had planned on selling it as soon as I got my EM5. But no. Almost 2 years later, I finally parted with it. There are many on this forum that understand the 12-50mm for what it is... a great all around performer. It wasn't terribly sharp or fast, but what it did was give you the freedom to be ready for most shooting situations. A walkabout lens. A travel lens. A video lens. A macro lens. Portrait and landscape. I'm sad to see it go.

But, I'm very excited about it's replacement.

drpoop's gear list:drpoop's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow