Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000 or V3?
In reply to captura, 9 months ago

captura wrote:

IVN wrote:

Rehabdoc wrote:

Sure the V3 focuses fast. With that tiny sensor the DOF is so deep that almost everything from 10 ft to infinity can be in focus at the same time.

With the 32mm f1.2 it has shallower DOF than A6000 with 50/1.8 OSS. Your point?

The N1 AF is simply good, so stop making up stuff.

With the big sensored camera, Sony has reached a remarkably fast accurate AF. The extended DOF when using a normal 10-30 or similar N1 lens, combined with the 1" sensor, makes it naturally easier to achieve fast AF and tracking.

What Sony has achieved with the A6000 is quite amazing, you must agree, considering it's larger APS-C sensor.

Is there a lens for the A6000 that has thinner DOF than the 32mm f1.2 for N1?

If N1 was only fast and accurate with the slow kit zooms, I would agree with you. But it's not. My V1 is even faster with my 18.5mm f/1.8, which has much shallower DOF than the 10-30, and guess what, the hit rate is insane. AF is similarly fast with the 32mm according to users, and when using that lens you get slightly shallower DOF than when using the 50/1.8 OSS on the A6000.

This means that the argument with deep DOF helping N1 cameras AF fast is nonsense.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow