Whats the best camera and lens combo for me?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rexfan10
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Whats the best camera and lens combo for me?
7 months ago

Hi all,

I am sure you get this asked a lot, however i am in need of advice. I am looking for the best camera to suit my needs.

I have previously owned a canon sx50 which i loved the zoom on but found it a bit too restrictive with the fixed lens and couldnt always get the depth of field i wanted.

I then owned after that a canon 650d. I like the camera and the stock 18-55 lens that it came with. I often take picture of people and like doing so with really shallow(?) depths of fields ( ie. the background blurred out and the subject very much in focus ) I thought i might ahcive that effect better with a 50mm lens, however overall i found the camera a bit bulky and a pain to carry around with me. Along with shots of people/animals i enjoyed taking photo's of landscapes. I live in the scottish highlands so there are plenty great photo opperatunities. I liked the overall picture quality of both camera's but found them a tad big and awkward to carry with me.

I have been looking at the samsung nx300 as sample photos show it to be good at taking photos of people with shallow depths of field whilst also being relatibely small. The only thing i didnt really like was the poor video quality compared to my previous canon's.

I only sold the 650d as money was short and having turned 15 I decided i had better start saving for a 50cc motorcycle for when i turn 16. I have since purchased a motorcycle however it has running problems so i must sort them, which costs money, which also leeds me to my next requirement; I would also like the camera to be as cheap as possible, but not so cheap it falls to bits in a few weeks if you know what i mean. I am open to purchasing older camera's and used in order to save money if i must.

So in short what i need is a camera that: Is small enough to carry about on a regular basis, is good at taking photos of people with shallow depths of field and landscapes, doesnt cost to much and is a DSLR that has interchangeable lenses.

I would consider getting another 650d along with a 50mm for pictures of people, but only if a better camera can be reccomended. Id rather stick to nikon/canon but would consider others such as sony and pentax.

Thanks in advance,

Rex

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow