Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,712Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?
In reply to Dabbler, 9 months ago

Dabbler wrote:

I just confirmed my X-T1 is arriving tomorrow! I haven't sold a lot of used camera gear and wondered if anyone has suggestions regarding selling a low usage (excellent condition) X-E1 body? I'm not looking to get the very best price, just something to defray the cost of the X-T1.

thanks for any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Michael

I paid $1,399 for my X-E1 / XF 18-55mm kit just 13 months ago. When the X-E2 was announced last year, I thought the new sensor and a few of the other changes made it a worthwhile upgrade, and I was planning on selling my X-E1 to help pay for the new camera.

I was thinking, the price of the camera body alone was $999 when I bought it. So I figured if I got $600, or even $550 for the body alone I would be satisfied and consider taking a hit of 45% or so not such a bad thing. But by the time I was ready to do something about it, the market price had dropped way low. A guy at the local camera store, which is a Fuji dealer, offered me $175 for the body alone; and the body today still looks new for all practical purposes.

I'm not prepared to give my camera away for what I consider to be next to nothing. I found a place that will do a dual spectrum IR conversion for $300 that will leave me with a camera that will still function as a normal camera by screw mounting an IR blocking filter to the front filter threads of the lens when I'm wanting a second body to have a different lens mounted and ready to shoot.

In the meantime I've been putting my cash into new Fuji lenses; for what I shoot, the X-E2 won't make any big an improvement over what I get with my current X-E1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow