Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Allen Chernack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?
In reply to ryan2007, 6 months ago

Lots of thoughts. Thank you all.

I've sold gold coins on ebay and know the drill.  The 13% is a kick in the pants but it gets the job done. I will also only ship in the U.S.

Keeping the X-E1 would cost me another lens or keeping one of my zooms on it.  After using the T1, going back to the E1 is not an option for me. I offered it to wifey who said 'no' so there you go. She likes her point and shoot Sony which has a zoom to 500mm.

I tried Adorama and felt they misled me on the offering price for my old Canon 60D so I turned them down after having shipped it to them.  They did ship back as promised.

I ended up selling the Canon and lenses to a friend who promptly had them stolen at an airport in Portugal. He put his backpack with several cameras down, a no no in airports, looked at something, looked down and it was gone with all his camera gear. Now he is cameraless. No, I won't sell him the E1, he'll just lose it.

So, I'll net $300 which puts some of the $1300 spent on the T1 back in my pocket.

Thanks again for inputs.

-- hide signature --

tourretired
Travel in RV when not home.

Allen Chernack's gear list:Allen Chernack's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow