Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
joeybob
Contributing MemberPosts: 530Gear list
Re: Brand New. Less than 100 clicks.
In reply to bbbinohio, 5 months ago

bbbinohio wrote:

joeybob wrote:

Is your D800e a "new", used our refurbished model? I recently pulled the trigger on a refurbished D800 and given all the negative press here about the left sided focus bug and green LCD I'm wondering what the rest of your story is/has been...
Thanks

The camera is so new that I wonder if I should ask for a completely new body if the repairs where that extensive.

Yes, NEW. (B&H)

Bob, from Ohio

Okay,

Thanks. I hope they get it right at whatever repair center your camera is at... My guess is that it's probably at/been to the one in New York (assuming you are from Ohio).

Tomorrow I'll have my hands on the refurb that I bought over the weekend from Roberts Camera. I'm ready to put it to work and curious to see if it as good (or as bad) as what I've read. I couldn't pass up the price at which I got it for so I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Should be an interesting experience for me moving from 12MP... Plan is to use it for portraits, studio and landscapes.

joeybob's gear list:joeybob's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +30 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow