Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,383Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to sell used XE-1 body in US?
In reply to Digital Shutterbug, 9 months ago

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

Netting about $300 - $350 after all shipping and fees makes it impossible for me to consider selling my XE1, that i paid full price for. Although i have no desire to sell and upgrade, if i did want to upgrade I would keep it as a second body or possibly have it converted to IR. All that aside, this site is a okay place to sell but having listed half a dozen or more items for sale in the past year, at a fair price, i only moved one, a nikon 10-24 lens. So ebay is my choice to move product, but the fees are killer, about 13% paypal and ebay fees plus shipping where ebay gets another 13% cut even if shipping is separate. I hate ebay but use it a lot to buy and sell. Overall, glad it exists.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Ebay fees are awfully high. But, they are now charging a flat $1.00 fee on the shipping charge, instead of 10%. Paypal of course, still get their 2.9% on the shipping amount.

Steve

Good to know they modified their fees. I assume that $1 is the highest, not fixed, as that could prohibit small value sales, like purchase of a soft shutter button for $5 shipped. Anyway, i will check that out. I sold a few thousand dollars worth of gear last year on ebay so lower fees helps. I have a perfect raring over the last nine years on ebay but always feared Craiglists - meeting in a parking lot where one guy has the cash and the other has the goods, can make for a bad situation. I did meet a buyer once at a Dunkin Donuts for an ebay sale of a iMac where the buyer asked to save the shipping fees and drive to meet me. I got there early and while i waited i noticed two other deals going down which i assumed where craiglist transactions.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow