I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,567Gear list
Like?
Re: I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?
In reply to rrccad, 5 months ago

rrccad wrote:

this was mentioned on SAR that Sony USA employees were allowed to purchase 2 or more bodies at 50% off retail. one Sony employee was able to put twenty in his cart at 50% off.

So it may not be "fallen off the back of a truck .. wink .. wink", but a bunch of smart Sony employees realizing they can make up for some loss wages quickly.

Also .. keep in mind the current USA promotions you can get a A7R down to 1600 or so anyways without much of a fuss by tradiing in a broken down $1 camera from a thrift shop for a $300 discount.

Both Adorama, BH and focus will trade in any film, digital,etc camera even with a fork stuck in it for a $300 discount. if you actually have a useful camera to trade - you get even more as you also get the respective company's trade in value once they receive the camera.

"this was mentioned on SAR that Sony USA employees were allowed to purchase 2 or more bodies at 50% off retail. one Sony employee was able to put twenty in his cart at 50% off."

Too bad you don't live in Brooklyn, I could get you more than 50% off on a bridge...

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow