X-T1 Selector, Q, Focus Assist, Disp/Back Buttons are Different on My Replacement

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Rausch
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
X-T1 Selector, Q, Focus Assist, Disp/Back Buttons are Different on My Replacement
5 months ago

At first I thought I was imagining things, but I unpacked the ready-to-return X-T1 with the flare issue (41A03918) and compared it to the replacement (41A06341) and they are indeed different!

The first thing I noticed when I got my #3918 was the flush Q, Focus Assist and Disp/Back buttons and the nearly flush and mushy selector buttons. On #6341 the Q, Focus Assist and Disp/Back buttons are not as recessed. They stick up at least as much as my X-M1 and my Sony RX-1 buttons. You can find them easier by touch. The selector buttons also stick up a bit more, not a lot, not even a 32nd, but enough to make a difference. And all six buttons audibly click! Q, Focus Assist and Disp/Back are easily heard, the selector buttons less so, but a click. This is even more significant. The sound isn't important, but the feel (tactile feedback) is night and day difference. About the same feedback as my X-M1 and RX-1.

And, of course, the flare is gone.

-- hide signature --

John Rausch

John Rausch's gear list:John Rausch's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +2 more
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow