Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marubex
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?
5 months ago

Hi, I guess this has been discussed in the past, but can't make up my mind!

I currently use a NEX 7, with two MF lenses plus kit lens and sigma 19mm., mostly for travel and family outings. I also use a Canon 6D, but  it is too heavy for those purposes.

I haven't been able to fall in love with the NEX, although iI love its portability, focus peaking and  overall picture quality (except high iso).  i could forego everything except that I get a lost miss focus pictures, mostly of the kids, and I find it easier to focus manually at low light, rather than wait for the camera to  do it.

I am currently  pregnant with number 3 so, I feel something to make my life easier once baby comes, would be greatly appreciated (hence my reluctance to lug around a DSLR).

Do you think m4/3 would help me in this case?  if I say my keeper rate with NEX7 is about 60% how much should I expect it to improve?

Will I miss much in terms of  IQ?

Unfortunately Olympus has stopped selling their m4/3 around  here, so no chance to play around.

Thanks in advance

Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow