Is 70D image quality good as the Nikon D7100?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HassanChop
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Is 70D image quality good as the Nikon D7100?
9 months ago

I plan on purchasing either the 70D or the D7100.

I'm tore between the two and forgive me if this is the wrong forum but I thought this would be the place for advise on the canon.

I've read the advantages of the canon over the 7100 such as the touch screen, screen rotates, and the big one which is the new autofocus system for video as well as it shooting 1080/60 (Nikon 7100 cannot shoot at 1080/60).

I've also read the benefits of the 7100 such as better image quality, and the removal of the low pass filter, dual card slot (I don't care about).

How am I going to use this camera?

I plan on taking pictures as well as video. I takes lots of video but at the same time I want good image quality. For video I take videos of family and friends have asked me to shoot videos at weddings (I do it for free and for fun since I'm not experienced enough). I've been shooting video with a camcorder and will use this purchase of the canon or the nikon for my pictures and video.

My goal is to do wedding/people photography once I am experienced enough.

Is the image quality on the 70D on par with the Nikon 7100 or even close?

I've watched so many videos and reviews on the Nikon 7100 and the Canon 70D. I'm having a hard time choosing one and pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow