The most annoying new fad in photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DJF77
Regular MemberPosts: 357Gear list
Like?
Re: In that case it's private property, annoyance, and "art"...
In reply to Mike_PEAT, 4 months ago

Mike_PEAT wrote:

Gollan wrote:

I'm guilty of all three. The most annoying fad is that some chefs and restaurateurs are banning photography in their restaurants, as if the food is too special to have its picture taken. In my opinion, the world needs more food photography, not less.

First off it's private property, they are allowed to ban photography in their premises.

Second, the average photographer knows little about photography, using a flash annoying other patrons, standing up to get the full dish in the picture with their full frame dSLR (you just have to look at any sporting event in low light to see all the flashes unnecessarily going off annoying those sitting near the "photographer").

Third, food serving IS an art form, and they may not want their style stolen. Of course if I wanted to steal their secrets I'd use a camera built into a watch, or glasses.

Funniest reply on dpr ever - hoping its tounge inc cheek

Food serving an Art? Only the most anal of chef would describe dishing someones lunch up as Art.

I dont believe I have ever seen anybody stand up in a resturant to take pictures of their plate using a DSLR, ever. I do see the odd pic on Facebook etc of people showing a quick snap of their plate (most probably on their iPhone), but I honestly don't believe any other patrons would have been distressed by this. Also if a Chef thinks he has created a masterpiece, surerly he would be pleased someone wants to take a pic? lets face it, who ever is taking the picture has paid for the dish, so this masterpiece is no longer in the ownership of the chef.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow