To All You "Masters of Photography" Who Called Me an Idiot... Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
soloryb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358Gear list
Re: Brand New. Less than 100 clicks.
In reply to bbbinohio, 9 months ago

Bob from Ohio,

I would ask for a new body after what you described was wrong with the camera. Hopefully you are within the B&H return window. Fortunately you are dealing with the best of the best vendors out there.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you on DPR. Your experience is far from unique but at least you are able to block future discourse with the offenders. Some on these forums forget common manners and insist on inflating their egos at the expense of others. There's no excuse for such behavior, period. On the other hand, most on these forums are polite and some are extraordinarily knowledgeable and willing to help.

soloryb

bbbinohio wrote:

joeybob wrote:

Is your D800e a "new", used our refurbished model? I recently pulled the trigger on a refurbished D800 and given all the negative press here about the left sided focus bug and green LCD I'm wondering what the rest of your story is/has been...
Thanks

The camera is so new that I wonder if I should ask for a completely new body if the repairs where that extensive.

Yes, NEW. (B&H)

Bob, from Ohio

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow