Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Chien
Contributing MemberPosts: 982Gear list
Like?
Nikon 400mm f3.5 with 2X Extender with V1
4 months ago

I am beginning to spend some time with a 400mm on a V1. V1 could have been easier with a manual lens if it would allow auto exposure, and display live video in viewfinder as the current setting would exposed it in a picture - my other cameras from Sony and Canon all do that, and it's really making it difficult to use a V1 in this regard.

However, I like the fast fps - I am now pressing the shutter down while adjusting focus ring on the 400mm judging by the live video that I am seeing. As cameras get faster and faster, one day we are going to be able to simply take video and extract frames that are as good or better than today's photos.

Here is a shot that I like - I like it particularly because it looks like a frame from a video. It's high ISO so it's a bit grainy.

Nikon 400mm f3.5 + 2X Extender on a V1

I am yet to develop the technique to do in-flight shots yet.

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Charles

Charles Chien's gear list:Charles Chien's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-FH25 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 20D Sony Alpha NEX-5 +12 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow