XF 56mm ???

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Mikess1
Regular MemberPosts: 373Gear list
Like?
Re: XF 56mm ???
In reply to Activatedfx, 9 months ago

Activatedfx wrote:

Take a long look at the faucet image you have posted. Really look at it. If you were a lens, what would YOU see as the area to focus on? Pretty difficult, right? The faucet spout "blends in" with the handles behind it - it almost looks like it's on the same exact plane, and it doesn't stand out as the "thing to focus on". There's simply no detail or contrast for the lens to lock onto! The handles have more defined edges and contrast, so the lens focuses on that area 1st, just as your eye would. Same problem with the other photo in your 1st post.

I was also having some minor issues focusing on very small, specific items in front of busy backgrounds with the 56, and I found that making the green box smaller really helps. At f/1.2, it is a very exotic lens, and it needs to be used correctly. Practice will help as well!

you are probably right just tried a couple pictures of my daughter and i cannot get it to miss focus at all

-- hide signature --
 Mikess1's gear list:Mikess1's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow