Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,894Gear list
Like?
Re: XF 56mm ???
In reply to Mikess1, 4 months ago

Mikess1 wrote:

AndreaV wrote:

Can you try to focus on something flat or at least bigger? To me it looks that it's focusing mostly on the background. Try to use a tripod (and maybe the timer), so to be sure that the distance between the camera and the subject and the composition doesn't change.

I keep saying this I get a green box telling me focus is locked I can clearly see my suject is out of focus before I even take the picture

-- hide signature --

I understand what you're saying about the camera's focus indicator, and how it might seem to be erratic or defective in some way.

When I flip back and forth between the two pictures you posted here, it seems plain enough to me that the point of focus is different in the two shots. Looking at your choice of subject matter, it's not difficult to imagine how that might be happening.

The general rule for testing the performance of any device, or to isolate the cause of a malfunction, is to isolate as many variables as possible. There are at least four of five image planes present in the subject you've chosen. The goose neck on the faucet must stick out in your direction a good 6 inches or so. You could try stopping down to f/8.0; but that might not help either.

The X-T1 does have focus peaking to aid in making sure the correct focus point has been selected. I'm assuming you already tried adjusting the size of the focus point, and selecting the desired focus point from the grid.

If it were me, I'd go take a picture of my car from 12-14 feet distance. If the AF can't correctly select that object, I'd definitely send the lens back.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow