Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KatManDEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,600Gear list
Like?
Re: Do I need to go dual system?
In reply to fishywisht, 7 months ago

fishywisht wrote:

KatManDEW wrote:

I'm itching for a 7D replacement, with truly improved image quality, and improved AF (I'm not interested in dual pixel drivel). My 7D is just not reliable with my 200-400

Can you provide as much information as you like on the autofocus of the 7D with such telephotos. Is it deficient in tracking or is it more a matter of individual focus point sensitivity. I ask because the 9-point APS-C were inadequate companions to the APS-H line so maybe the 19 point 7D is a viable alternative, maybe not. The most fuss-free autofocus I think I used was the 51-point Nikon one.

Center point with expansion. Servo mode. Works great with my 7D and 70-200 f/2.8 II, and reasonbly well with the 70-300L and 100-400L. It's very hit or miss (mostly miss) with my 200-400. I've done MFA. It was only off by a few ticks with the 200-400, same as with my 5D3.

Zone AF, and all point tracking is pretty much a waste of time with the 7D and 200-400.

I sure hope they don't just slap a 70D sensor in the 7D and call it a 7DII.

KatManDEW's gear list:KatManDEW's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow