Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tamahandy
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Looking at the Nikon 1 V1 because ...
4 months ago

So more than 1 year after buying the D7000 and being pretty happy with it, somehow my gear lust sticked to the old Nikon 1 V1 because:

* it is small
* it can (with the required Nikon FT-1 F-Mount Adapter) fit my current 18-105mm, 35mm and very sluggish used bought 70-300mm
* with the 2.7 crop factor it would extend my 18-105 to about 300 (and hopefully faster than the 70-300)
* while the 70-300 would end up being a sluggish 800 (which I coud point at the moon/sky)
* it uses the same batteries as the D7000.
* Looking at the current kit with the 10-30 price (less than 300 Euros)

Is it "worth" it?

I already know what at one point I will be getting a 70-200, 2.8, VR, likley after renting and trying it and then buying.
I decided for the 2.8 because with the grey-ish/ clouded weather we often have in germany, the more light you get in the better.

But could this 1 V1 with the 2.7 crop could be a decent intermediate till I saved up the cash?

And looking from a different perspective, as 'smaller point and shoot only replacement for the D7000', could it be that I am tired of waiting for the Nexus 5 bright red, which is on 'coming soon' already for a while, though it wont give the same image quality* or zoom?

* p.s.
I already use the D7000 as 'almost point and shoot' by sending the JPGs via the eye-fi card directly to my nexus 7 to post process with instagram, flickr, snapseed, picasa or Pixlr Express .... and depending on whatever 'post messing' app/ platform I play with the image quality is "lost" anyway ...

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow