G1 X Mark II: Not happy with handling

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
mjdundee
Contributing MemberPosts: 798Gear list
Like?
Re: G1 X Mark II: Not happy with handling
In reply to kitchenbug, 9 months ago

Thanks for your detailed user report. I appreciate it very much since I also preferr to operate cameras in manual mode and just have to wait another 2 months before this camera will be available for testing in my part of the world.

Sounds like typical marketing madness. For many years we have been waiting for a control ring around the lens barrel in a G while the S had it since the introduction of the S90 and all competitors followed this way of manual contrl in their own models.

The GX1, G11, G12 passed this and now the G1X MII brings us TWO control rings- WOW!

Who needs a WIFI button for how often and how ridiculus and monsturus looks this moving LCD panel frame?

Reminds me somehow of the funny design of former cars from Japan - functionaltiy follows form.

Maybe this is due to a translation error or a child was allowed to decide during development.

mjdundee's gear list:mjdundee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow