Developing α7 RAW images

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Fritz85
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture One Pro
In reply to JamieTux, 9 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

I don't think you're testing one vs. the other here, your'e testing your own ability to use each one.Do you actually think the Sony results are better? To me, the right one looks better. The one on the left looks over sharpened with too much structure and contrast while the one on the right is smoother, has less noise in the lower right quadrant and has more manageable detail.

These are images out-of-the-box from each program. No modifications at all except for processing RAW and outputting to JPEG. The quality discrepancies exist inside the software interfaces too.

JamieTux wrote:

but why don't you just use the Sony one if you like the output?

Out of curiosity - what picture style mode were you in? Looks like it might have been vivid to me - try the Lightroom Vivid Camera Calibration and I am sure that it will get you a lot closer straight away.

I don't like the Sony software at all, just as I don't like almost every software product Sony has ever produced. The layout is bad, it's slow and workflow doesn't flow.

I was shooting in intelligent auto. I don't recall shooting in anything but auto across the board. Colors don't concern me, actually, as I normally fine-tune that myself in Lightroom. I'm more concerned about sharpness of the photos before processing colors, highlights, shadows, cropping, etc.

Fritz85's gear list:Fritz85's gear list
NEX5R Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow