Regular MemberPosts: 348Gear list
Like?
Re: XF 56mm ???
In reply to guitarjeff, 7 months ago

guitarjeff wrote:

Mikess1 wrote:

Both these pictures gave me the green focus box like this

-- hide signature --

Others will know much more than I on this, but it looks to me like you are moving in and out and altering your dof. at 1.2 your dof must be very thin and especially when you are fairly close to the subject.

Shutter speed doesn't matter either because this type of movement is before the shutter even opens. and, and it looks as though focus is achieved but at the wrong distance. You seem to be having no trouble with the 35 though, however that is at 1.4. You may have to send it back but I would let a few more folks here comment on it and try and help before you go through sending it back. If you bought it local then that would be much easier.

All I can do is say to you thaton my old 5D2, when using the Sigma 50mm 1.4 that dof was razor thin,and even if you felt only a barely conscious movement before the shutter fired the pic was oof. The movement only had to be slightly perceptible and it would throw you out.

Good luck and I am sure you will get it worked out soon no matter what has to happen.

even before i take the picture i can clearly see it is focusing on the back ground and not the subject that is in the green box i only took it for this post i then refocused and took the other shot same everything only the subject in the green box was in focus i am taking my kids to the zoo today and will only be taking the 56mm i will figure out today if I'm gonna keep it or not a grand is a lot to spend you know right not i could get the 55-200 and the 14mm for just a little more then this lens but i love shooting portraits and 85mm is perfect

-- hide signature --
 Mikess1's gear list:Mikess1's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow