Travelling with just an iPhone camera?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,790Gear list
Like?
Re: Travelling with just an iPhone camera?
In reply to Jkim7, 9 months ago

Jkim7 wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

Jkim7 wrote:

Hey guys,

So I'm in a dilemma.

I'm trying to make up my decision on getting a good mirror less (Sony A6000 / Fujifilm X-E2) or just travel with my iPhone. I just think iPhones these days (iPhone 5S and soon iPhone 6) takes good enough pictures to look on a computer screen and I feel it's hard to justify spending $1000 for a good mirror less when there really isn't THAT much of a picture quality difference between an iPhone and one of them. If I were to get a cheap mirror less, for example a Nex 5, I just feel like there's no point in having one as an iPhone 5S, in my opinion, can produce similar caliber images as one and definitely matches most point and shoots.

I just want some support haha. Do any of you travel with just an iPhone camera? I just feel like people bring these mirror less and DSLRs to travel and I'm wasting my trips abroad (going to Africa and India this year) by taking "measly" iPhone pictures.

I assume as photographers, many of you are also travelers.

Help me out here!!

I travel when possible. Mostly recently I took my wife to visit Paris for the first time. Cannot imagine taking just an iPhone or even a small mirrorless for that matter. I didn't take my full kit but I took a capable FF dSLR, a 24-70mm f/2.8, a 35mm f/2, and a 50mm f/1.2. If anything I felt like I didn't bring enough!

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. Have a good one and God bless!

I guess this isn't really the right forum to ask this haha. Most people here are serious photographers.

So than ask the Nat Geo and AP Photo journalists on instagram using iPhones. They may not be as serious, they just make a living doing it.

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow