Full Frame Fuji ETA

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Re: Full Frame Fuji ETA
In reply to shutterwillie, 4 months ago

shutterwillie wrote:

Thanks Larry,,your response has sound foundation.

Actually, Larry's post was full of fallacies typical of one who drinks only from the Fuji bowl.  His discounting of advantages of a fixed lens FF camera are amateurish at best and a clear sign of his extreme bias.  Proceed with caution.

I appreciate your thoughts. My position is one of research at the moment. I have owned most major dslr cameras as well as several dozen film types including large format cameras. Truthfully, I have enjoyed the X100 beyond compare. My pattern has been to skip generations as I have the Trans chip world. I have no reason to be in love with full frame models but being somewhat a gambler, I am willing to try it given the right design. Thanks again, willie

The Sony RX1 is NOT as fun to shoot as a X100s (I have the X100) due to the lack of a viewfinder, but the IQ of the RX 1 is staggering to look at.  The Zeiss lens on that camera is second to NONE.  The sensor, incredible all the way up to ISO6400.

If only Fujifilm or Sony would make an RX1 type camera with a built in viewfinder.  I'd hand over $3500 sight unseen.

-- hide signature --

"Film is not a means to the end of "looking like film"... Making film-based photographs is an end in itself for me, not some kind of elaborate photoshop plugin. If I can't put Tri-X in the goddamn thing, I don't want it."
Anonymous

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow