G1 X Mark II: Not happy with handling

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Helstor
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting..
In reply to papillon_65, 5 months ago

When it comes to camera ergonomics, what can be considered good is very subjective. I bought the G1X online without trying it first (could not find it locally and I have no problems with my G12 so I figured it would be OK). Unfortunately I thought it was very uncomfortable to hold. Like a thick brick with sharp corners. If I tried to move my hands/fingers to get a better grip I would usually end up pushing some button and change a setting.

I really wanted to like the G1X, and I tried but it took away all the fun of going out shooting. Even with a strap on I spent more time worrying about dropping it than I did looking for photo opportunities. I loved the IQ but in the end I sold it.

I am interested in the G1X2 but I will make sure to try it out and handle it before I decide whether or not to buy it.

Erik

PS.I will probably love the dual control rings around the lens because I used to shoot an Olympus  OM2 film camera for many years

Helstor's gear list:Helstor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Canon EOS 5D +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow