Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,460Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I want a G1X, and hesitate
In reply to rkhndjr, 6 months ago

rkhndjr wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

I hit the wrong key, or button. As I was going to say, a lot is written on the forums about cameras and lenses but rarely does anyone talk of their inability to buy new cameras and lenses due to cost. I realize that most here are younger and working, or older and have a good pension and buying on a whim is nothing to them. Some, like me, are old and money is scarce when you have to consider possible expenses later in your life. So, to get to the point, I am in the house daily at this time and by myself. My children help me with nutrition and shopping of course. Time is what I have to consider when it comes to using it in a manner indoors that will keep me sane. I use this PC, a Kindle and watch a little TV and do some domestic chores. But I need a way to keep my mind stimulated and the G1X would be a nice learning tool indoors as well as a short time in the yard. Mainly I wish to learn it and get it set up first then practice indoors a while. By now you are tired of reading so I will ask any thoughts on a matter such as this one. Does it all boil down to " make your own decisions" type of thing? But I am serious and this is one way to spend time for me. Any decent comments are welcome. I am aware of the G1x and all its faults, or the couple I read about. My LX3 will take care of macros for me and a slow AF is no problem. Landscapes are a favorite, along with people on street.

Thanks so much for reading this.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Mr. Russell,

You have a LX3 that is beloved by you.   Why not unremain housebound, and go outside to your garden, your township, or a favorite place,  and resume taking pictures with what you already own.

At this time in your life, do you really have a need for another camera to past your time with?   Have money to  buy and play with cameras?

Or if as you say,  your money  is tight,  why keep pondering for another camera.(s)?   And  thinking too much about what you cannot afford will make you go insane or cause you depression with too much needless thought unless you do have some spare cash for a new toy.

And,  if you do have the money,  maybe  now is the time for you to take that dream photo trip you have always wanted to go on.    And, spend less time thinking too much about a new camera and spending money for another camera.

Life is short, too many places you can experience in your lifetime.

Get out of the house.  Spring has sprung, and there is much for you to photograph.

Must enjoy camera whatever you decide on.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow