Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BrokenPine
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
Aperture Priority Mode
6 months ago

Hey guys (and gals), I have a Sony a99 and a Sony a77 and I love shooting timelapses. I have been told in the past that when shooting longer timelapeses or timelapses at night, always use Aperture Priority mode (A on the camera). Through this mode I am supposed to be able to set my shutter length in order to select how long I want the shutter to be, for instance if I am shooting nightscapes, so that I can capture the stars with enough light, but without going too long and getting motion blur from the earth's rotation. It would also help when doing timelapses with clouds to make sure some shots don't get over or under exposed due to cloud movement and sun changes. My problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to set the exposure length. I can switch the knob to A and get it to automatically set my exposure times which sometimes works for certain shots, but I can't seem to realize how to manually set the exposure times for my shots. Could somebody please tell me what to do so I don't lose my mind!? Also, if you have any tips for shooting in Aperture mode or tips about Aperture length in general, I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance!

Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow