Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,632Gear list
Like?
Re: Start the trials....
In reply to Bob Carstens, 5 months ago

Bob Carstens wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

My favourite has switched from that to AfterShot Pro as my one to use now, OK for E-M5 but so slow to update and E-M1 not there yet. It was Bibble and is exceptionally fast to convert, results seem quite accurate in colours etc. Has plug-ins for some film simulations.

Regards...... Guy

Guy,

I probably asked you this before, is there any difference between using AfterShot Pro and PaintShop Pro for the RAW conversions? Thanks

-- hide signature --

Bob Carstens

AfterShot Pro seems to do the better job with more controls available. PSPX6 seems good enough for everyday shots, PSPX5 was OK as well but I found PSPX4 terrible.

AfterShot Pro was $29.99 at some silly sale time so got it, but had to wait a looooong time until they updated for E-PL5/E-M5, the E-M10 and E-M1 may take another year the way their glacier gallops along.

Harder for me to drive than Silkypix but slowly getting the hang of it, seems to give more accurate colours than Silkypix. A dumb version of Noise Ninja is built in plus there's a RAW noise reduction as well, but I tend to tread lightly with noise reduction, hardly using it at all. Extremely quick at conversion, no chance to go get a coffee while it runs a batch.

I recently paid for my updates to Qimage Ultimate and that now seems to have developed into a near full blown printer, RAW converter, edit and image management program so need to also have a compare with what it can do, I like the improved sharpening method that Qimage uses.

Yesterday the local Sydney newspaper in their photography column was full of praise for DxO as being the best thing in the universe, maybe so but I don't need that level of perfection for my stuff. "It's a Miracle" on 9th March at this address  http://dpexpert.com.au/ for the source article.

Regards....... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow