Do I need to go dual system?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,734Gear list
Like?
There are a number of multi-system members here.
In reply to KatManDEW, 6 months ago

In my case, my wife started teaching me how to use an SLR with her then-new employer-issued D300s. She had previouly bought a used Canon XTi/400D from a colleague, which was the first SLR I used when walking about on my own. So, it was not an either/or game, for me, from the beginning. She was an Olympian in the film days, and has now settled upon being a digital Nikonian.

As I started deciding which system to buy for myself, I found that liked specific lenses from both Canon and Nikon. The features and ergonomics of the Canon 7D prompted me to buy it, as my first new DSLR. For a time, I used a Novoflex adapter, the EOS/NIK, to use Nikkor lenses on Canon bodies. Now, the adapter sits on the shelf, and may be used for trading toward something at a local camera shoppe.

It seems perfectly sensible, to me, for a Canon shooter to add a D800/D800E to the equation, for the types of shooting it does well. I may well do this, myself; a D800E, and a Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8G, are high on my wish list.

I find myself trending toward cropped-frame (APS-H and APS-C) Canons, and FX (full-frame) Nikons.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with an EF-S 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L, make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow