Got a small bonus at work - want to buy camera gear, what to get?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thechoson
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Got a small bonus at work - want to buy camera gear, what to get?
6 months ago

Got a small but unexpected bonus at work today.  Going to allocate a chunk of that ($1000ish or less) towards some camera equipment, want some suggestions on what to get.

I currently have a Canon 6D with 24-105, and 50mm 1.8.  I also have a Fuji X100s that I love.  My wife has a Canon SL1 with 18-55, 55-250, and a Canon S110.  I obviously have access to those cameras as well.  With that gear, I shoot everything I want, works great for me.  But obviously this is more of a "want" than a "need" purchase.  That being said, here is a list of stuff I'm considering, please recommend JUST one:

(1) Fuji XE-1 with 18-55: Good pricing on these now, and the X100s has really made me love Fuji.  I'd probably add 35mm 1.4 down the line as well.

(2) Fuji X20: Again, I'm starting to really like Fuji.  Not sure if this would make much sense since I already have X100, would give me some added flexibility of a zoom lens I guess.

(3) An additional lens for my Canon system: Not sure which, but I've been desiring a higher quality prime.  I Could stretch my budget for a 35mm 1.4L, or maybe get a 35mm f2 IS or 50mm 1.4.  85mm 1.8 may make sense as well, but it's not a focal length I use as much as 35 and/or 50mm.

(4) Sony RX-100: I had one previously and kind of miss it.  Solid IQ in a compact package.  That being said the X100s has become my "go-anywhere" camera, so not sure if the RX-100 would get much time from me.  Maybe if I REALLY wanted to be compact.

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 6D Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow