Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phrenzy
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
What's going to replace the E-M1?
6 months ago

So today someone made me an offer for my newly acquired e-m5 which I was thinking that I would probably take to fund an e-m1 purchase so I can better use my 4/3 lenses when I started to wonder what was likely to replace the e-m1. It will take a little bit of saving so I probably won't be buying over for a month or two and that got be to wondering how long the product life cycle of the e-m1 will be. Even if they released a new camera I would probably capitalise on the lowered second hand price this would cause and get an e-m1 anyway but now I'm curious.

What do you think the next top of the line om-d will look like and how far away is it? The e-m1 is 6 months old now, is a one year cycle likely?

I can't think what they have in mind for a replacement beyond marginal improvements to IBIS or truepic. Certainly they are getting close to a pixel density wall. Of course having said that I don't think I would have come up with many ways Olympus could have made a more professional upgraded e-m5 but they certainly found a way so maybe they will surprise everyone yet again.

So what's your e-mX prediction? Who, what, when, where and why? With a couple of How's thrown in: How are they going to do what you think they will and the big one: how much

phrenzy's gear list:phrenzy's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520 +13 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow