Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eclectant
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
14mm + 18-55mm or 10-24mm + 35mm?
9 months ago

I just switched to the Fuji X system, and I am really loving it so far. I started with the X-E1, added the X-E2 a week later. I now have the 18-55mm , 27mm and the 55-200mm.

I will be traveling quite a bit next few months, mostly in the Mediterranean countries, cities and beaches. I take pictures for fun of just about everything and anything of interest.

I don't want to carry more than three lenses and the two bodies. I am not counting the 27mm pancake as it feels like a lens cap anyway.

I was thinking of getting the 14mm but now I am considering the 10-24 mm, add the 35mm 1.4 and leave the 18-55 at home.

10-24 plus the 55-200 with fast 35mm in the middle might give all the coverage I will ever need, but I am bit concerned that the images I have seen so far of the 10-24mm look quite soft compared to the 14mm, and I know also is also a much larger lens, but that is not a huge concern as I had the 14-24mm Nikon on a D3s lately, which stayed mostly at the hotel.

Using the 14-24mm on the Nikon FF was exceptional, not expecting that the Fuji 10-24 will come close in IQ,  but maybe something close.

It might be a bit premature to ask opinions on this as the 10-24 is not officially out yet, but I am hoping for some feedback from anybody who might have used one already or who have studied the test images.

Everybody seems to agree that the 14mm is awesome, but the 10-24mm? What do you expect?

-- hide signature --

SG

Eclectant's gear list:Eclectant's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony RX100 II Nikon D2X Nikon D3S +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow