Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
KatManDEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,665Gear list
Like?
Re: Do I need to go dual system?
In reply to John Zeman, 8 months ago

John Zeman wrote:

KatManDEW wrote:

I'm no spring chicken and I'm getting older in a hurry Among other things, I like to shoot landscapes, and it's hard to argue with that D800 sensor for landscapes. I still haven't ruled out the a7R.

I'm no spring chicken either, which reminds me I need to renew my patent on dirt.
By the way, my response last time was mostly tongue in cheek.
On a serious note none of us knows what Canon is going to come up with so why wait to hear what the others, who also don't know anything, will say?
I can tell you this much, I also have a 5D3, a 5D2, and I used to have a 7D, which 2 years ago I traded for a 1D4. With my current gear set up which includes 9 mostly L lenses, I'm as happy as a clam buried in the sand on a beach full of scantily clad bikini beauties.

I'm not going to wait, past May. I'm going to go ahead with plans to sell my 7D ASAP. Probably put that money toward a 70D no later than May. I want to keep a crop body for wildlife. I would much rather have a 7DII, but in the absence of water, people stranded in the desert will try to drink sand
A camera store not too far away has the a7R in stock, so I'm going to see if they have a demo model I can get my hands on. I've been shooting Canon for 10 years and it wouldn't hurt me to experiment outside the Canon world anyway.

KatManDEW's gear list:KatManDEW's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow