75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Contributing MemberPosts: 591Gear list
Like?
Re: 75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two
In reply to JimLindner, 5 months ago

JimLindner wrote:

My only lens for quite awhile was the 14-140 which is very convenient for a walk around lens. I was and still am very happy with the results from this lens. However, I recently purchased the 75mm for $849 after much debate.

It is probably the best money I have spent in quite awhile, hard to explain, I don't know if it's the micro contrast, bokeh, sharpness or whatever but I can always spot a difference in photo's take with this lens, it is truly magic.

Oly 75mm Daytona Bike Week 2014

Yes, that's exactly the thing with lenses like the 75, there is this something... a special rendering - so, is it better to take a few magic photos or lots of 'meh' ones?

I had the Canon 135 f/2 during my Canon days, did not use it a lot, but always got outstanding photos with it...

My head says the 35-100, the heart says the 75 - that's what this internal struggle is about

thanks... all of you guys

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow