RAW and JPG files

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
brycesteiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,338Gear list
Like?
Re: I am amazed at some of the results - and Adobe frustrations too.
In reply to Vlad S, 6 months ago

Vlad S wrote:

brycesteiner wrote:

My problem is still the same. I put in the same or similar settings that Bob said into Aperture and I am coming up with nothing like that. In fact, it's worse than what I uploaded before.

May be you should give a more detailed description of how you worked on the file, may be even with screenshots. That would help to identify any possible mistakes you are making. Aperture is not a crаррy converter, it may not be the best there is, but it's adequate for most purposes.

Vlad

Well first I imported the ORF file. Then used the setting exposure to go to +5. Above 2 it just appears to work like contrast instead of exposure.

I then lifted all the shadows to 100%.

I tried other things too, but nothing came out of the shadows like it did in LR. See here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53329727

Believe me, I love aperture, and if you can get this to work in there, please let me know what you did to make it work.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow