Sony A7R: What options for 24mm?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tim Devine
Contributing MemberPosts: 902Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Canon FDn 24mm f/2.8 Sample
In reply to osv, 4 months ago

My CIECIO7 adapter is pretty close to hard stop infinity, at least with this lens.  I've read that registration distance accuracy is very important with lenses that have floating elements.  AFAIK the FDn 24mm f/2.8 has floating elements....so that very well may be an issue when using an adapter that focuses past (or much past) infinity.

-Tim

osv wrote:

Tim Devine wrote:

Sony a7R
Canon FDn 24mm f/2.8
1/200 @ f/11 (ISO 100)

Still amazes me...

-Tim

i'm equally amazed, and impressed, believe me! unfortunately not everyone out here understands... it's kinda sad, really... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

my latest cheapo fdn adapter came in today, and finally i think that i'm starting to see the same flat fields with my fdn 24's that you are getting... it's been such a struggle, with all kinds of 24mm glass... the last little bit of extra infinity focus distance this new adapter allows appears to have made a significant difference.

-- hide signature --

dan

Tim Devine's gear list:Tim Devine's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sigma DP1 Merrill +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow