Trouble for Nikon?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 613
Like?
Re: PR Nightmare
In reply to Photo Pete, 8 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

The D600 has become a real PR nightmare for Nikon. They should have fessed up WAY sooner, lest a cover-up model (D610) and at least 2 class-action lawsuits filed in the U.S.

The 2nd service advisory to assess and replace defective shutters of D600's (regardless of warranty expiration) is at least a start to regain goodwill among some consumers. However, for some the damage has been done.

Nikon built their reputation on the old F series due to professional build and bomb proof construction. They built their loyal following by retaining compatibility with their old lenses and accessories whilst other manufacturers changed mounts. In other words they gave the impression of quality, long lasting value and honouring their customers' investment.

Fuji have recognised these qualities and are successfully emulating the approach. Nikon however are of the mistaken belief that they will be more successful by cutting costs at the expense of their reputation.

Very sad and very terminal if it continues.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

very true photo pete,bought my first nikon back in 1978(nikon FE)then added FE2 later on,followed by F5 and F100.never had a problem with any of those cameras.i still have those cameras except for the F5(sold..big mistake)and they are in perfect working order.im now shooting with d700/d300s/D2h..and entery level d3200(fantastic little camera)bought d600 back in 2012 to replace my excellent d300s..and ancient d2h(extremely reliable)D600 was a nightmare for me.due the qc "issues"..and got rid of it in less than 4months of ownwership due multiple visits to nikon repair(melville NY)with no "fix" and camera "within specs" d600 is the only nikon camera i have ever rejected..a real shame because it really has stellar iq..but the damage is done.THANK GOD i held on to my ff d700 and will continue to use my old d300s AND ancient d2h until they stop working.afraid to buy nikon latest offerings..d400?.forget it ..it aint coming, for my dx needs its d300s and d2h  for outdoor shooting @ iso 100-800..d3200 was bought used in new condition(less than 4k clicks) from a newbie that could not master it for a giveaway price..impressive iq and sharpness in the low iso range.no more new nikons for me.my clients still happy with the images from the old cameras

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow