Thinking of leaving Fuji

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim King
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,686Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of leaving Fuji
In reply to zenpmd, 5 months ago

zenpmd wrote:

Teslib, I will definately come back (if indeed I decide to leave) but I just feel they are not quite there yet, and if I am going to spend £1000 on a camera then I want to keep it for 5 plus years! The one thing I am very tempted to do is pick up a very cheap xe1 and hold on to the small lenses, like the 18 and the 35, for now...

I think that this is a worthwhile idea, as there will be times when a heavier and larger DSLR would not be the best camera for the task.  Keeping the small lenses will mean that your kit will be great for travel, where size and weight are paramount and the feature set is adequate, if not quite equal to the top of the line X cameras.

The X-E1 is a real bargain right now, as so many users are ditching it for the X-T1.

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DUHNew
ByeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow