Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 725Gear list
Like?
point and shoot vs FF
9 months ago

Had the opportunity for a hike with my son and his young family at the Kalalau Trail in Kauai. I debated on taking either my D800e, D7100 and the holy trinity or the AW100. in the end I decided not to risk damage to the expensive and heavy gear and opted for the AW100. I don't think I could have done any better. It was a misty, wet, and dreary day - best time for a hike so far. My three year old grand daughter was amazing - 4 miles of muddy, slippery beautiful day for a hike not a complain. Now I am thinking , do I really need all that expensive equipment?

The Napali Coast along the Kalalau Trail, Kauai, HI.

View: gallery page

Kalalau trail, Kauai, HI thank goodness I did not bring the heavy equipment....LOL

View: original size

here is another one :

14th hole the Makai GC with my cute grandkids. That is the Pacific Ocean in the background.

I did slip at least 2X, dropped the AW100 once in the mud puddle, I still got some great shots. CC welcome...

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +19 more
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow