Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stemu
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
ETTR with V1
8 months ago

I often use ETTR (exposure to the right) ie. overexposure when taking raw images. Raw converter I use, (RawTherepee), has good tools to automatically adjust the exposure back almost right and tools to fine tune the exposure of group of images in gallery view to quickly even out the exposures of all pictures.

V1 raw files preserve highlight quite well so I can usually ETTR +0,67 or +1 pretty much all the time and get brighter colors and less noise. Try it, you might surprised how much better it gets compared to OOC Jpegs where you have to underexposure a little to protect highlights. Also lenses have so good stabilizer that we can use quite long exposures for static scenes if that is needed for ETTR.

Stemu's gear list:Stemu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow