Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 19,040Gear list
Like?
Re: 75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, 9 months ago

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

Thank you guys.

I used to have a Canon 5D/60D and the 135 f/2 and no stabiliser, so I think GX7 with the 2 way ois is ok...

the concert images are nice - and make you realise that indoors in low light f/1.8 is more practical than f/2.8 so it cuts two ways...

so, decisions, decisions ....

What is interesting is that the 75 f/1.8 gets lots of love... you guys really think it's worth it and the 150mm equivalent focal length not too limiting?

Although I never shot 135 mm on FF back in the film days (I had 85 and 200), I must say I do find quite a bit of use for this lens. Very good for social event and street photography as well as for portraiture unless you are in close quarters (where the 45 works better). Good for landscapes too as well as for close-ups (within its normal range; it doesn't work so well with extension tubes or a close-up lens; I have tried). And a decent ability to get you some subject isolation by means of background blur even when shot at fairly low magnification. Look at some of Steve Huff's images here for example (some of those with the horses):

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/09/27/shooting-with-the-olympus-om-d-e-m1-in-dublin-ireland/

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow