Full Frame Fuji ETA

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
lnbolch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?
Re: Full Frame Fuji ETA
In reply to shutterwillie, 7 months ago

While I would not answer "never", I would not advise holding your breath until the camera ships. With the 16MP X-trans doing excellent service across the whole product line, I see no incentive at this point to do a full-frame version. They are still aggressively building the X-Camera line from scratch, and in two years have an impressive array of bodies and lenses. I expect that filling out the line will take priority.

On the other hand, sales of digital cameras in general are declining. The market is saturated, and the cameras are so good that there is not the incentive to upgrade that there was half a dozen years ago. Among the naive, full-frame is somewhat of a holy grail, and I suppose Fuji might consider it as a sales gimmick perhaps with a highly inflated pixel count and at a high-price. I am sure that a lot of people who are more concerned with specifications than with photography would buy it.

-- hide signature --
 lnbolch's gear list:lnbolch's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8400 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow