RAW and JPG files

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Like?
No harm done
In reply to brycesteiner, 4 months ago

Feel free to experiment and try various things if you want to learn more.  Don't let people discourage you   Making mistakes is a good way to learn, but having the wrong people critique (insult) you is a quick way to become discouraged.   If I were you, I'd shoot in manual and learn how ISO, shutter speed and aperture all make a difference in the exposure and depth of field you end up with.   It's a quick and easy want to learn because you can see the results right away as you make changes.  Then look at/try various photo editing tools (I decided on Lightroom a few years back) and then learn how to adjust photos.   Not 'edit', but adjust.  I say adjust because that would be the most important thing...simple adjustments to correct white balance or light shadows a little or bring down the highlights a little.   After that you can learn to be more creative and do the 'artsy' edits like creating those abnormal purple skies    I like an abnormal purple sky now and then, but not too often.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow