RAW and JPG files

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,548Gear list
Like?
No harm done
In reply to brycesteiner, 10 months ago

Feel free to experiment and try various things if you want to learn more.  Don't let people discourage you   Making mistakes is a good way to learn, but having the wrong people critique (insult) you is a quick way to become discouraged.   If I were you, I'd shoot in manual and learn how ISO, shutter speed and aperture all make a difference in the exposure and depth of field you end up with.   It's a quick and easy want to learn because you can see the results right away as you make changes.  Then look at/try various photo editing tools (I decided on Lightroom a few years back) and then learn how to adjust photos.   Not 'edit', but adjust.  I say adjust because that would be the most important thing...simple adjustments to correct white balance or light shadows a little or bring down the highlights a little.   After that you can learn to be more creative and do the 'artsy' edits like creating those abnormal purple skies    I like an abnormal purple sky now and then, but not too often.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow