Why I want a G1X, and hesitate

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,278
Like?
Re: Maybe this will help allay any fears...
In reply to Jay_B, 7 months ago

Jay_B wrote:

Russell,

I have been into photography as a hobby for 40 years, since I was a teenager. On a professional level, I also have a strong background in electronic imaging, image editing, etc. I can only attempt to empathize with you in your situation, not fully understand it. But, what I can do is tell you the following about my G1X experience:

• I have owned a G1X since the first group was sold in early 2012. The G1X has exceeded my expectations in many ways
  • It is versatile, capable of producing very beautiful images, with excellent clarity and sharp detail in many varied situations
  • The JPEG color is outstanding to my eye without shooting RAW, however, the RAW files are 14-bit, giving you more control over the final output than less capable RAW cameras
  • It has enough controls and settings to give you fine control over your image capture and keep you engaged in learning both the camera and more about photography
  • I have shot good quality video with it due to the excellent lens, sensor, and processor, although it does not have manual exposure control in video

In the past few weeks I have been trying to acquire another camera to expand on the G1X or even replace it. I have tested Panasonic, Olympus, and Sony - all of which are very capable, none of which I decided to purchase. My G1X stays for now - I will have to add a new DSLR to get where I want to go. Bottom line - If you value image quality, control, reliability and using a well-designed tool to take pictures, you should be very happy with the G1X!

Thank you for these very encouraging words. I am truly convinced. It will keep me busy for a long time.

-- hide signature --

Jay B.
"No...really...my camera made me do it..."

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow