Nikon D5300 - with or without 18-55 lens?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AMG Roadster
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Nikon D5300 - with or without 18-55 lens?
7 months ago

I am about to pull the trigger on the Nikon D5300 and I am trying to decide if the 18-55 lens is worth the extra $100.  I am planning on purchasing the Sigma 18-250 lens with the camera.  AM I better saving the money or getting the lens.

This is my first DSLR.  I used SLR's (film) a number of years ago.  Lately I have been using point & shoot.  My newest P&S is the Canon SX230 with 14x Optical Zoom.  I find myself using the zoom a significant amount of the time.

Most of my pictures are of architecture, landscapes, and wildlife (birds & animals).  Some examples would be pictures of sloths, birds, the beach, architecture, and sunsets in Central America.  I have an upcoming trip to Italy that I will be the first vacation with a DSLR camera.

If anyone has a recommendation of where to get the best price from an authorized dealer please let me know.

Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow