JTC111
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Re: Sharpest 24mm prime to go on a D610
In reply to toomanycanons, 4 months ago

toomanycanons wrote:

JTC111 wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

First off, let me say I never shoot primes. Sorry, I'm a short zoom kind of guy. But I do shoot wide mostly. Also I shoot with a D5200 at the moment but am getting a D610 in the near future.

I would love to read that the 24-85 VR lens that comes bundled with the D610 is a great sharp lens corner to corner/edge to edge but I've not read that. Center sharp, yeah.

So my question is: of all the autofocus lenses out there (vintage or not, Nikon or not) which is the sharpest AFFORDABLE 24mm prime I can get. I'm not asking for the best of the best at any price, just something I can mount that will be better than the 24-85 VR I mentioned.

It also doesn't have to be real fast. I'm not going for DOF. f/2.8 is plenty fast, it could even be slower than that. If the consensus was a $50 lens I could get used off of ebay that would be just grand! Thanks.

Finding an affordable quality prime wider than 28mm seems to be an issue. I'd love to have a 20mm prime but unless I want to spend a boatload on the f1.4 models, my Sigma 10mm-20mm f/4-5.6 seems to be just as good as the other options out there.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme" - Richard Thompson

You shoot that Sigma 10-20 on a full frame? I've owned that lens on the past, using them on my DX cameras. We're talking D610 here.

Sorry... I saw D5200 and got that stuck in my head.  I have a D7100, not a full frame.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme" - Richard Thompson

JTC111's gear list:JTC111's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow